If love is the purest form of giving and not expecting anything in return. Then Why does it hurt to love?

I was stuck on this question for so long. Love in its purest form does not expect anything in return. It is just a form of giving and being happy to do that. Love is Spritutal. And when i talk about love i am not classifying it as motherly love or romantic kind of love. Love is just Love. It is highest form of surdender. I often found myself in situations when i wanted to keep beliving on this feeling but i didn't feel any happiness in return. Even to my surprise there was pain. There was hurt, for not being treated the way i wished. I tried to nullify these feelings. I still wanted to give love in the purest form. I was still trying to stick on my belief and not expect anything in return. Therefore, i simply adopted a method where i just forgave the other person even without them ask for my forgiveness. I thought it was noble thing. I wanted to restore my faith and feel happy. But there came a point in my life when i stood up and asked myself. Are you really happy? Not expecting and being treated ill way are two different things. I saw people toying with my faith. Not respecting how i feel. That made me to realise NO I AM NOT HAPPY. And i cannot keep lying to myself. Yes, my love was still selfless. It still wanted nothing in return. But my love for myself mattered more at this point. I realised my responsiblites for myself. Therefore i moved away from the thing which was proving little toxic for me. However, there are still days when i question myself with the same. I ask myself if i was selffish? I still wanted the person i love to be happy anyways. But i was so sure that i didn't want to be with that person anymore. I was not happy. I wanted to be away to restore my faith. To love myself the way i want. My love still wants the best for everyone. This blog is very personal for me. Probably i won't release it publicly. Those who know me know about this experience too. I want to know your opinion about this.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My take on "Man's Search for Meaning"

Focus on yourself, rather than trying to improve the world

The grass "is" greener on the other side